Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Type of Employment: Contract
Work Location: Seattle, WA OR Vancouver, Canada
Visa Information: Must be authorized to work in the United States or Canada
Note – This job opening is eligible for a Referral bonus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Translates business requirements to functional and technical requirements.
- Contributes to planning and implementation for new applications and systems.
- Improve the quality of product and QA best practices.
- Knows to reproduce production issues into Stage and QA environment for debugging.
- Effectively manages and reports on QA risks and mitigation and QA timelines.
- Develop relationships and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders for QA timelines.
- Work under pressure and handle multiple project deadlines.
- Stakeholder communication – Any deviations in QA timelines are tracked and dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Platforms used: Windows, Android/iOS mobile OS.
- Work on Postman API Development Environment and Other Back-end Testing Tools.
- Comfortable with OOPS concepts and with SQL.
- Own, design, lead and implement test strategies for complex applications and deployment topologies.
- Independently take a project from idea to design to production deployment.
- Be familiar and establish CI/CD Pipelines for efficient testing coverage.
- Understanding of development and deployment of Cloud based solutions.
Mostly sedentary work with some movement around the office.
- Bachelor’s degree or Certification in Networking and Computer Systems or Equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of QA experience.
- Technical Documentation skills, Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with IT SDLC processes, Agile, Scrum, Kanban.
- Compliance requirements such as PII, PCI & SOX.
- Experience working with AWS.
- Ability to successfully work with different project teams with competing priorities.
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
- Automation experience in Oracle Xstore 17 or desktop devices is highly valued
- System Performance Testing Experience for Oracle Xstore 17 will be considered an asset.
- Exposure to Git, Jenkins, Ansible