Senior Business Analyst
Type of Employment: Contract
Work Location: Seattle, WA
Visa Information: Must be authorized to work in the United States
Skillnet Solutions Inc. is seeking a motivated and customer-oriented Business Analyst for their retail clients part of their Software Engineering community in Seattle, WA. This Business Analyst position is a Senior level role working with the software development team business-transformative projects from inception through implementation.
Note – This job opening is eligible for a Referral bonus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Requirements Management: Manages the business requirements process for large, cross-divisional technology projects by facilitating, eliciting, gathering, documenting, validating, prioritizing and establishing baseline business requirements in retail and payments domain. Ensures testability / traceability of requirements, including developing the traceability matrix. Expresses business requirements using multiple techniques. Document requirements in accordance with customer’s methodology. Manages changes to the requirements baseline. Provides deployment support. Contributes to financial and business value analysis. Participates in peer reviews of requirements deliverables. Develop, support, and advocate for creation of business cases for payment related opportunities.
- Systems knowledge: Advanced knowledge of business functionality, interfaces, data flow, and functional architecture of systems supported. Is advanced in use of solutions supported and has an in-depth understanding of how technologies supported work. Able to troubleshoot system problems from a functionality perspective, especially when supporting end-user testing and training.
- Work Coordination: Represents the business system owner and their divisional community for large, cross-divisional projects. Coordinates controls and communicates decisions related to the business solution. Defines business requirements and successfully completes organizational changes. Participates in large, cross-divisional project planning with the Program Manager. Understands, formulates, prioritizes and validates business requirements for use by the large, cross-divisional project. Confirms that results meet stated business requirements. Keeps stakeholders up to date on work status and project progress. Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into details. Work with technical team members to transform and develop new requirements into design and implementation components. Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans. Assist in quality assurance and defining testing strategy and risks. Provide significant contributions in the testing and debugging of new projects or enhancements to existing software. Ensure production issues are identified, tracked, prioritized, reported on and resolved in a timely manner based on severity and customer impact. Drive team towards root cause identification and resolution for production incidents. Participate in program level steering committee meetings to evaluate and provide guidance for issues, risks to ensure project deadlines and schedules are met. Drive process improvements in production support monitoring, reporting and alerting to ensure system stability and availability
- Process: Documents and analyzes existing or ‘as-is’ business processes. Designs new or ‘to-be’ business processes. Maps “as is” and “to be” business processes, understands gaps, and develops transition plans. Advances the Business analyst practice in terms of methodology, processes and procedures. Educates other business stakeholders on the project management / product development processes and their roles.
- Planning: Contributes to corporate and divisional strategic planning process by helping identify business initiatives. Identifies cross-divisional dependencies and impacts. Helps develop and maintain business initiative roadmaps. Contributes to financial and business value analysis. Helps define the total portfolio of programs and projects which support strategic plan.
- Other Duties as Assigned: May perform other ‘ancillary’ duties as assigned including but not limited to work such as coordination of end-user testing, troubleshooting, business consultation, training and organizational change management
Note – Mostly sedentary work with some movement around the office.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent training and experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years developing real world scaled solutions with knowledge of full application development lifecycle (SDLC) and methodologies; waterfall, agile and hybrid
- Experience with Payments Systems.
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative to improve customer and business experience through technology
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and leadership skills including collaboration, facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to demonstrate analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view and recommend solutions to business problems.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
Experience with Retail inventory systems is highly desired