Principal Technical Specialist – Xstore/ORPOS
Type of Employment: Full Time
Work Location: Sumner, Washington
You will be responsible for successfully installing, configuring, upgrading, and the supporting Oracle Xstore Suite, within a modern commerce service organization. This is a Principal Technical Specialist level role in which you will help our customer implement custom solutions and achieve production rollout readiness.
Reporting to TS Lead in Operating Area of the Technical Services
- Build, scale and secure Xstore Office infrastructures, focusing specifically on the Oracle Linux environment
- Build, scale and secure Xstore Point of Service systems, focusing specifically on the Microsoft Windows environment
- Configure Oracle supported POS peripherals to work with Oracle Xstore Point of Service
- Deploy Oracle Xstore Mobile on Oracle supported mobile devices
- Work in a heterogeneous environment containing diverse operating systems and Oracle applications, and make them communicate well together
- Troubleshoot and debug Oracle Xstore Suite issues related to application or infrastructure level deployments
- Document deployment processes and procedures related to the customer environments
- Coordinate with both project managers and customers on various activities during the life cycle of a project
- Occasional travel may be required (post Pandemic) to client or company office
BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience in Oracle Retail Xstore Point of Service installations.
- Experience working with various devices and configuring them as part of JavaPOS configurations.
- Knowledge of Oracle Retail Xstore Suite and/or other point of sale systems is a plus.
- WISE Development knowledge is a plus.
- Windows BATCH scripting is required.
- Linux BASH scripting and SHELL knowledge is a plus.
- Provide hardware and software support for POS equipment, PC devices and computer peripherals. Must possess advanced hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Experience working with iOS, Android application deployment, working with MDM is a plus
- Working experience Databases, SQL quarries, XML and Web Services.
- Understanding of basic networking.
- Knowledge of cloud fundamentals and administration experience working with a cloud vendor will be a plus
- Understanding of SSL encrypted communications.
- Experience with source control/repository (Subversion, CVS/GitHub).
- Must be able to lead projects and drive them to completion.
- Ability to prioritize and provide timely resolution to issues and requests involving Xstore deployments.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Must be well-organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Must be a quick study with strong comprehension skills for unique applications and environments.
- Must possess excellent analytical, logical and time management skills.
- Some travel required and on-call duties required.
- Jira/Confluence experience is a plus