IT Project Manager
Type of Employment: Contract
Work Location: Seattle, WA OR Vancouver, Canada
Visa Information: Must be authorized to work in the United States
Skillnet Solutions Inc. is seeking a motivated and customer-oriented IT Project Manager for their retail client in Seattle, WA or Vancouver, CA.
Note – This job opening is eligible for a Referral bonus.
The IT Project Manager will contribute to customer’s success by planning, developing, managing and implementing medium to large cross-divisional, multi-year projects using a structured project management methodology. Projects will have both business and technology focus with emphasis on leading from front on automation and CI/CD initiatives with DevOps mindset. This role will also provide support for high level technical design and architecture for various key implementations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Initiates, plans, controls and implements medium to large cross-divisional, multi-year programs and projects utilizing customer’s project management practices.
- Ensures overall deliverables are completed, including project charter, plan, schedule, requirements, design, development, testing, implementation, policies and procedures, standards, contracts, risks and issues resolutions.
- Plans projects in detail, develops and manages project budgets, organizes project teams and works with resource managers to coordinate and align resource needs.
- Identifies, evaluates and proactively manages cross-project interdependencies,
- Manages progress of efforts and communicates status to sponsors, stakeholders on a regular basis and to senior leadership as needed.
- Participates in strategic roadmap planning and may facilitate and provide materials for portfolio review meetings.
- Excellent communication skills, able to flex style and work with all levels within the organization from individual contributors to Executives.
- Proactively identify opportunities and contribute to continuous business process improvement efforts to help streamline and standardize workflow, communication, and resource efficiencies utilizing relative process improvement techniques and methodologies.
- Ensures smooth implementation of new technologies and vendor integrations by using their expertise on their assigned domains and interfaces.
- May conduct technical walkthroughs with software engineers to ensure technical feasibility and standards across departments.
- Collaborates with operations support and other teams to ensure robust production operations.
Note: Mostly sedentary work with some movement around the office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5-10 years Project Management experience.
- 5-10 years’ experience managing IT projects with expertise on DevOps and CD/CI tools for Java Platform.
- Experience creating and executing implementation strategies for complex systems.
- Strong relationship management skills and understanding of organizational change management.
- Understanding of various delivery frameworks and practices (Waterfall, Agile, DevOps, Lean, etc.) and appropriate application of them.
- Ability to apply highly complex principles, theories and concepts of the technical discipline and provide solutions to a wide range of complex tasks, projects and problem.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and automation, Docker & Container Management, Application Performance Engineering, Monitoring, performance, alerting, AWS Services and Architecture.
- Ability to determine estimates of effort and impacts for a variety of solutions and influence technical discussions and decisions.
- Experience in working with distributed Unix or Linux-based systems, J2EE Application Servers, clustered DB systems and source control systems.