Senior Java Developer
Type of Employment: Full Time
Work Location: USA / Canada
SkillNet is seeking a Senior Java Developer to develop software and systems focused on the integration of various software systems, databases, and third-party packages. The Senior Java Developer will develop solutions utilizing Java, Spring, Angular.js, and Hibernate. Any experience with JumpMind (POS) is a big plus.
- Understand requirements, create, and review designs, validate the architecture, and ensure high levels of service offerings to clients.
- Proven experience of learning new technology on the job
- Participate in project estimation, provide inputs for solution delivery, conduct technical risk planning, perform code reviews and unit test plan reviews.
- Develop optimized high quality code deliverables, continual knowledge management and adherence to the organizational guidelines and processes.
- Ensure best practices are followed in everyday code development.
- Be a single point of contact for project manager and customer to resolve process and technical issues in a timely manner.
- Participate in remote requirements sessions and client meetings as required.
- Analyze issues using the details provided. If details not available request / acquire them.
- Identify root cause and test the fix in the test environment.
- Follow process to move the fix in production
- Core Java proficiency
- Spring, Hibernate, Angular JS, Rest, SQL Development Proficiency
- 5+ years of solid Java development experience
- Git repository, Maven build process familiarity
- POS development experience preferred. Resource with ORPOS experience is added plus
- Experience of working with peripherals such as Payment (pinpad) device or scanner, receipt printer etc.
- Experience with JumpMind related development
- Experience working with monitoring software/technology
- Good verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
It would be great if you had:
- Basic understanding of DevOps tools (Good to have)