Senior Developer, Xstore/ORPOS
Type of Employment: Full Time
Work Location: Remote, US or Canada
SkillNet is seeking a Senior Java Developer to develop software and systems focused on the integration of various software systems, databases, and third-party packages. The Senior Xstore Java Developer will develop solutions utilizing Java, Spring, Angular.js, and Hibernate.
Reporting to: Development Manager.
- Understand requirements, create, and review designs, validate the architecture, and ensure high levels of service offerings to clients.
- Participate in project estimation, provide inputs for solution delivery, conduct technical risk planning, perform code reviews and unit test plan reviews.
- Develop optimized high-quality code deliverables, continual knowledge management and adherence to the organizational guidelines and processes.
- Ensure best practices are followed in everyday code development.
- Be a single point of contact for project manager and customer to resolve process and technical issues in a timely manner.
- Participate in remote requirements sessions and client meetings as required.
- Work with DevOps lead to ensure development is aligned to DevOps processes and suggest continuous improvements in processes.
- Occasional travel may be required (post Pandemic) to client or company office
Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience required.
- 3 to 7 yrs of total experience
- 3+ yrs of experience in Oracle Retail POS, Oracle Xstore POS development a MUST
- Experience integrating with payment systems a PLUS
- Extensive experience in designing and developing applications using JAVA/J2EE.
- Must have Deep understanding of Object-oriented programming, SOLID Principles.
- Strong systems analysis, design and architecture fundamentals, Unit Testing and other SDLC activities.
- Experience developing and designing API integrations using SOAP/RESTful/JSON.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and debugging skills.
- Strong communication skills should be able to communicate effectively with business and other stakeholders.
- Ability to adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
- Agile/Scrum methodology experience/knowledge is required.
- Experience in using and managing code repositories and build tools such as SVN, GIT, MAVEN, GRADLE, JENKINS, etc.
- Experience within retail/commerce industry, POS (Point-of-Sale) system integration, or similar commerce systems a huge plus
- Positive and professional approach when communicating with others
- Able to proactively identify and resolve issues or barriers to your own deliverables
- Flexible to work with others remotely, as well as in global teams operating in various time zones