DevOps Principal Consultant / Practice Leader – North America
Type of Employment: Full Time
Work Location: North America
SkillNet is a global leading provider of consulting and technology services to retail and ecommerce companies. We are looking to add a Retail Principal Consultant to our North America business solutions team.
SkillNet provides services that help transform customer experience, ease omnichannel enablement, improve merchandising and supply chain processes, expand analytics and artificial intelligence into operational decisions and transform IT pipelines to DevOps.
- Work as a key member of the solutions function for North America team
- This is a position for a leader with a record on DevOps transformations and cloud adoption. Able to engage with customers at multiple levels and evangelized about cloud based DevOps transformations.
- Work with our Sales leaders and delivery teams to develop proposed solutions, Level of Effort estimates and other pre-sales activities.
- Work with solution management on the strategy for DevOps service delivery in line with other services provided by the organization.
- Provide innovative solutions to complex architecture landscapes with wide mix of legacy applications and cloud native solutions
- 10+ years’ of professional experience in IT industry
- Full project life-cycle experience on digital transformation programmes.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical advisor / consultant or presales roles
- Experience with architecting and automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other tools.
- Experience architecting cloud native CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Code Deploy (AWS) and/or GitLab.
- Architectural leadership experience with microservices and distributed applications, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
- Able to articulate complex sales propositions delivering to management level
- Availability to travel within NA and internationally once current travel restrictions are over
- Experience working in the retail industry
- Hands on experience working with the ELK stack
- Experience enabling observability for CI/CD workflows
- Experience with Oracle technologies
- Experience with Configuration Management platforms (preferably Puppet)